Pressed cannabis is a common form of consumption in the southern cone, but it can also be an excellent option for those who want to get started in the world of cannabis cultivation. Today we will show you how to select, germinate and plant pressed cannabis seeds to obtain a more than decent crop that you can enjoy without any problems.
Why use pressed cannabis seeds in your crop?
Growing with pressed cannabis seeds has several advantages. For example, you will not have to pay a fortune for bank seeds or expose yourself to the risks of bringing seeds from outside. In addition, you will have several seeds to experiment and learn from your mistakes without having to worry about wasting expensive seeds.
Phases for growing cannabis using pressed seeds
To help you complete the process of growing this type of pressed cannabis seeds, we have created a step-by-step guide so you can do it yourself:
Seed selection is crucial to the success of the grow. Not all seeds inside a pressing rock are suitable for germination. To select the right seed, you should consider the following:
- It should not be white or totally black. It should be in the gray or dark brown range.
- Turn the seed between your index finger and thumb, like a ball, next to your ear, if you hear a crackling sound, discard it because it will not be useful for growing.
- Gently press the seed, if it does not break then you can use it to continue the process.
Germination of the seeds
Once you have selected suitable seeds, the next step is germination. The most popular technique for seed germination is as follows:
- Soak the suitable seeds for four to five hours.
- Cover a plate with wet napkins.
- Place the seeds spaced apart on top of the napkins.
- Cover the seeds with more wet napkins and place another plate on top.
- Leave the plate in a warm place with an average temperature between 20 and 30 degrees.
- Make sure that the napkins are always wet and keep moistening them with a sprayer when necessary.
- Each seed has its time. Be sure to wait patiently.
Planting the seeds
When a root emerges, it’s time to plant the seed.
Make a small hole in the moist soil and place the seed with the roots facing down. Most often the root emerges first and the sprout grows in the soil, but sometimes it happens during germination that the seed opens up and not only roots but also the first green sprout emerges.
Since the origin of the seeds is not clear, it will be more important than ever to control the sex of each plant and eliminate the males as soon as possible so that they do not pollinate the others.
An easy way to notice this is to observe the nodes from which the branches emerge. If an egg-shaped bag without white hairs forms in that joint, we are probably in the presence of a male plant, therefore, you should discard it as soon as possible.
Each cannabis plant is unique and may require different conditions to grow. But in general, cannabis plants need the following care:
- Make sure the plant has enough water, but don’t overwater. Too much water can drown the roots and kill the plant.
- Cannabis plants need light to grow. Make sure the plant gets enough sunlight or artificial lighting.
- Cannabis needs nutrients to grow. You can buy nutrients for cannabis plants in specialized stores.
- Your cannabis crop needs fresh air to grow. Make sure the plant has access to fresh air and that the temperature is not too high or low.
Growing with pressed cannabis seeds is undoubtedly an excellent option for those who wish to get started in the world of cannabis cultivation without having to pay a fortune for bank seeds, being an economical option to experiment without thinking about the risks.
The proper selection of the seed and the correct germination are crucial for the success of the crop. It is also important to control the sex of each plant and provide the necessary care to obtain a healthy crop.